Radio Free Asia (RFA) is seeking a talented, organized, and detail-oriented professional fluent in Korean to support its Korean Service as an Administrative Assistant. This position will be based in RFA's Washington, DC, offices.
- Providing a full range of administrative support to the Korean Service Director and staff.
- Screening phone calls, handling correspondence, arranging meetings, and maintaining files.
- Preparing, reviewing, formatting, correcting, and maintaining memoranda, letters, logs, and other documents.
- Assuring follow-up on all action items.
- Tracking submissions from contractors and stringers, updating radio logs and preparing monthly invoices to ensure their payment.
- Monitoring and maintaining daily work, travel, and leave schedules, and seeing that timesheets are filed in a correct and timely fashion.
- Planning and coordinating arrangements for special meetings and travel of Service personnel and preparing necessary authorizations and, as applicable, expense reports.
- Performing other duties to facilitate operation of the Service as assigned.
- Prior experience providing administrative support in an office environment strongly preferred.
- Fluency in both written and verbal Korean and proficiency in English required.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and work ethic, and ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently under own initiative.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with MS Office.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the US as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to Apply: Send résumé with cover letter making reference to “Korean Service Administrative Assistant” via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: GS 8/9 Equivalent
Posting Date: 10/1/20