RFA is currently seeking a Senior Editor for its Burmese Service to assist the Service Director in directing the production of top quality Burmese-language news and information programs in a multimedia environment and managing a staff of professional journalists. This position will be based in RFA's Washington, DC, offices.
- Making assignments and guiding staff in developing news and feature reports.
- Editing staff scripts for clarity, accuracy, and grammar, and monitoring video, photos and audio for quality.
- Using sound editorial judgment and quality multimedia production guidelines in selecting stories and producing cohesive and interesting news reports and programs.
- Translating and adapting news and feature reports under intense time pressure.
- Voicing all sorts of news and feature program materials, live and pre-recorded in a professional manner.
- Recording and covering news events and other noteworthy events as assigned.
- Conducting and editing interviews that are interesting, informative and conversational.
- Producing live studio programs and performing a variety of production tasks to prepare news and feature programs for broadcast.
- Researching and writing original reports that are accurate, concise, clear, organized and descriptive for programs as assigned.
- Establishing and maintaining contact with Myanmar specialists and sources in and outside of Myanmar to enhance program content.
- Demonstrated experience in multimedia journalism.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of political, economic and cultural issues in Myanmar.
- Academic credentials (Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent transferrable experience and skills.)
- Spoken and written fluency in Burmese and English.
- Sound editorial judgment with a track record of professional integrity and high regard for ethics and objectivity.
- Mid-level management experience in a culturally diverse environment a plus.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to Apply
Send résumé with cover letter with subject line “Senior Editor, Burmese Service” via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.