RFA is seeking a talented professional skilled in digital data analysis to join its Research, Training and Evaluation team, which is responsible for measuring audiences for RFA’s language services and BenarNews, obtaining feedback on content and quality, tracking digital traffic and impact, and providing journalism training. The primary responsibly of the Digital Analytics and Evaluation Specialist will be to assist in all aspects of qualitative and quantitative research on the quality, effectiveness, and impact of RFA across the web, social media platforms, and mobile apps.
- Providing customized analyses of website and social media data to RFA leadership and to the management of its nine language services. Generating strategic insights and recommendations based on data.
- Presenting key findings and recommendations to language services and stakeholders.
- Helping develop, oversee, and improve automated digital analytics reports, dashboards, and data visualizations to make data easy to understand and actionable.
- Working closely with other department members and those working on digital products in the technical division and communications department.
- Training employees across RFA on various digital analytics tools.
- Tracking progress toward strategic goals and targets for digital products and contributing to reports for stakeholders and oversight bodies.
- Assisting as needed with RFA’s regular evaluation meetings, including with logistical support and preparation of evaluation materials and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in communications, marketing (with focus on digital marketing), statistics, journalism, information systems, or other related fields.
- Experience with various analytics tools for websites and apps, such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and Chartbeat. Deep knowledge of Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics.
- Demonstrated experience in data/targeting and digital strategy, especially for international audiences.
- Demonstrated skills synthesizing and presenting complex data for diverse audiences. Experience explaining and visually presenting technical information to non-technical people.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment. Solid written English skills.
- Understanding of the challenges in tracking impact in heavily censored online environments.
- Understanding of history and politics of RFA and BenarNews target counties; expertise in human rights or understanding of repressive societies; and, preferably, related media experience.
- Knowledge of Facebook Insights, CrowdTangle, SocialBakers, or other social media tracking tools.
- A working knowledge of digital software such as Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere Pro) and general graphic and web design.
- Knowledge of data visualization and dashboarding tools.
- Skills relating to media editing, web design, and database analysis.
- Training in statistics and/or social science research methodology and experience using statistical software such as SPSS.
- Knowledge of one or more of RFA’s broadcast languages.
- Experience living in RFA’s target regions.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the US as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to Apply
Send résumé with cover letter making reference to the position of “Digital Analytics and Evaluation Specialist” via email to email@example.com or fax to 202-530-7797.