Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, Washington, DC-based, nonprofit corporation that provides accurate and timely news and information to Asian countries whose governments prohibit access to a free press. Delivered in nine Asian languages in addition to English, our journalism extends beyond radio to include web, video, mobile and e-books. RFA is seeking a Help Desk support contractor.
- Installation, support, maintenance and routine hardware and software upgrades on all of RFA's desktop and laptop computing systems as well as on printers, copiers and other standard office peripherals.
- Making repairs to hardware (such as replacing and upgrading memory, motherboards, and other internal components), and performing basic troubleshooting on a wide variety of software (including Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and in-house proprietary software).
- Help maintain VOIP phone system and conduct physical configuration for end-user phones.
- Work may involve additional tasks based on the contractor’s experience and abilities.
- This role requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Premiere, Adobe AfterEffects, and Adobe Photoshop, as well as proven technical troubleshooting skills on both hardware and software to determine and resolve problems.
- Work requires ability to lift 50lbs (to move equipment such as monitors, printers, etc.).
Send résumé and cover letter, identifying "Help Desk Support Contractor," to firstname.lastname@example.org.