RFA’s Mandarin Service is currently seeking an experienced videographer, ideally with journalism background, to work on a contract basis with its digital team to make and produce news-related video content on TV and social media for its Mandarin language news service to engage target audiences. This work to be performed in RFA’s Washington, DC, offices.
Scope of Work to Include:
- Working cooperatively with team members to shoot videos or interviews in studio and from the field.
- Covering breaking news for social media by shooting, writing, and editing materials into short videos.
- Determining types of equipment to use for various recording needs. Setting up cameras, audio recorders, lighting, microphones, and props.
- Calibrating and maintaining and troubleshooting with the equipment.
- Preparing, deciding, and recording “B” rolls
- Editing footage with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Editing and design titles, special effects, and motion graphics for videos with Adobe After Effects.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience operating relevant equipment including DSLR cameras.
- Technical acumen to be able to operate, configure, set up, and fix video, audio, lighting, or other production equipment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.
- Ability to independently capture new footage and edit it into a cohesive story.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends to cover breaking news.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate well with team members.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage time efficiently.
To Apply: Send resume with cover letter (making reference to Mandarin Videographer Contractor” opportunity) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org