Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, Washington, DC-based, nonprofit corporation that provides accurate and timely news and information to Asian countries whose governments prohibit access to a free press. Delivered in nine Asian languages in addition to English, our journalism extends beyond radio to include web, video, mobile and e-books. RFA is currently seeking a dynamic and motivated professional to fill the position of Research and Digital Analyst in its department of Research, Training, and Evaluation. The Department of Research, Training and Evaluation is responsible for measuring audiences for RFA’s language services and BenarNews, obtaining feedback on content and quality, tracking digital traffic and impact, and providing journalism training. The primary responsibly of the Research and Digital Analyst will be to assist in all aspects of qualitative and quantitative research on the quality, effectiveness, and impact of RFA across the web, social media platforms, and mobile apps.
- Carrying out research projects aimed at learning about current and potential audiences for RFA and affiliated websites - including survey questionnaire design, fieldwork oversight, qualitative research design and supervision, data analysis, and web metrics analysis. Assisting in all aspects of research on the quality, effectiveness and impact of RFA’s content on radio, satellite TV, web, and social media.
- Helping track digital audience traffic and behavior, providing data-driven feedback and actionable insights to the RFA editorial team regarding content performance on the RFA website and on social media. Working in close collaboration with Research and Digital Strategist and Digital Content Director to recommend country-specific strategies based on unique behaviors, preferences, and attitudes/perceptions of digital audiences in RFA’s target regions.
- Providing customized analysis of quantitative and qualitative data from projects in RFA target regions, including presentations, memos and reports. Providing research and digital data and information to RFA management for use in evaluation, strategic planning and USAGM reporting.
- Presenting analysis of audience research and digital data at RFA language service evaluations – including data visualization, evaluation of sample digital content, preparation of reference materials, and suggestions for improvement. Assisting as needed with RFA’s regular evaluation meetings, including handling logistical support, preparation and editing of evaluation materials and presentations.
- Helping track progress toward digital goals and targets identified in RFA’s evaluation processes and the USAGM annual Language Service Review and contributes to reports for stakeholders and oversight bodies.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in international relations, communications, political science, anthropology or related fields, including some training in statistics and/or social science research methodology. Experience using statistical software such as SPSS.
- Experience with various analytics tools for websites and apps, such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and Chartbeat. Knowledge of Facebook Insights, CrowdTangle, SocialBakers, or other social media tracking tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment. Solid written English skills. Demonstrated skills synthesizing and presenting complex information for diverse audiences.
- Understanding of history and politics of RFA and BenarNews target countries; expertise in human rights or understanding of repressive societies, media experience; skills relating to media editing, web design, Internet traffic metrics and database analysis all are pluses.
- Knowledge of one or more of RFA’s or BenarNews’ broadcast languages. Experiences living in the target regions is a plus.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply: Send resume with cover letter referencing "Research and Digital Analyst" in subject line via e-mail to email@example.com.