RFA is seeking a talented and resourceful individual to join its Department of Research, Training and Evaluation, which is responsible for measuring RFA’s audiences, obtaining feedback on content and quality, tracking digital traffic and impact, and providing journalism training.
The Research, Training and Evaluation Coordinator will support RFA’s mission through a variety of tasks that help ensure the quality of RFA’s language service evaluations, the efficient operation of its evaluation process and journalism training programs, and the thorough execution of its impact identification and reporting efforts, among other duties.
- Coordinating translation of RFA content from broadcast languages into English. Serving as main liaison with translation contractors, ensuring high quality translation of web content, broadcast scripts and social media content for evaluations and other purposes as assigned. Editing translations into clear English, checking translations with native speakers (as assigned) and formating and distributing final translation documents. Managing translation contracts.
- Editing evaluation and research reports and memos into clear and effective English. Assisting in copying and distribution of these materials.
- Providing administrative support for RFA’s language service evaluation process, including sample program selection, editing of media, communication with internal and external evaluators. Taking minutes of the evaluation sessions and managing edits and distribution of minutes.
- Supporting RFA’s journalism training programs, including handling signups, reserving space, arranging technical support and communications with trainers and trainees. Working directly with trainers as assigned.
- Providing assistance to the Training and Evaluation manager on other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Compiling, verifying and presenting written examples of Radio Free Asia’s impact. This includes reviewing and following up on impact examples submitted by editorial staff, including discussion of international media pickups, awards, solid stories about changes in the lives of audience members or those covered in the news, changes in government policies or statements, reactions from prominent people or audience members, high digital traffic and other evidence of strong audience engagement. Working with other staff to ensure high quality impact examples are shared on the USAGM impact tracker.
- Supporting the research activities and analysis of digital data as directed. This may include generating charts and assisting with presentations, assisting in the development of research instruments, analysis of research data and writing memos and reports.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, international relations, communications, political science, anthropology or related fields, including some training in digital analytics, statistics and/or social science research methodology.
- Excellent written English skills and editing experience.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong interest in journalism and Asian news.
- Experience living in the target region and knowledge of one or more of RFA’s/BenarNews’ broadcast languages and understanding of history and politics of target counties strongly preferred.
- Experience working in non-English environments, translating and editing the work of non-native English speakers.
- Journalism training and/or experience.
- Experience with technical writing and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Training in statistics and/or social science research methodology and experience using statistical software such as SPSS.
- Skills relating to graphic design, media editing, web design, and digital analytics.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to Apply: Send résumé with cover letter with subject line “Research, Training and Evaluation Coordinator” via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.