Global Mandarin is a new digital media platform by Radio Free Asia (www.rfa.org) that aims to inform and engage with young Mandarin-speaking audience around the world. As it gears up to begin delivering independent information that presents various perspectives on subjects important to its audiences, Global Mandarin is currently seeking a dynamic and motivated senior producer to join its team and help it fulfill its mission.
- Independently produce video projects and series pilots. Set high standard for other producers and freelancers.
- Lead a team of producers to conceive and plan stand-alone videos and video series from story development, research, writing proposal to production, and drawing upon strong creative skills to explore new trends and approaches to video storytelling.
- Work with the Director to identify and solicit top-quality freelance producers to expand GM’s production network.
- Commission video projects to freelance producers; Quality control all freelancers’ submissions.
- Create an editorial calendar of video projects’ coverage, production dates and publishing dates.
- Work with editors and designers to plan and execute special report packages.
- Direct and mentor junior producers. Provide constructive feedback on their script development and productions, and maintain the quality of the video team.
- Minimum 5 years of video production experience in journalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Superb editorial and Mandarin writing skills.
- Able to generate story ideas that are both appealing to the audience and consistent with GM’s style.
- Familiar with the field of video journalism. Able to identify outstanding freelancers inside and outside of China to commission projects.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Very creative and passionate about building a brand from startup.
- Must have a portfolio of previous work.
- Must be a team player.
- Required language skills: Fluency in written and verbal Mandarin Chinese and proficiency in written and verbal English.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply: Submit portfolio (link to web-based portfolio preferred) along with résumé with cover letter referencing "Senior Producer, Global Mandarin" in subject line via e-mail to email@example.com.