Radio Free Asia (RFA) is seeking a talented and detail-oriented producer fluent in Uyghur and English to serve as a Radio Production Coordinator for its Uyghur Service. This individual will perform a variety of production tasks involved in preparing the Uyghur Service's news and feature programs for broadcast as well as provide administrative support to the Service. This position will be based in RFA's Washington, DC, offices.
- Coordinating technical requirements for the daily radio program with duty editor/service director to ensure that RFA broadcast standards and program deadlines are met.
- Directing and/or producing radio shows in control room, or performing other studio duties as needed. If necessary, editing or adding content after programs have been recorded.
- Sending radio program files electronically to uplink.
- Shooting video and producing or directing in-studio TV interviews.
- Coordinating with Technical Operations in solving technical problems that arise with regard to studio equipment, audio/video editing software, Audacity, Rivendell, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and other equipment used for audio/video production. Maintaining program archive.
- Monitoring and maintaining daily work, travel, and leave schedules, preparing and submitting staff leave forms, and seeing that timesheets are filed in a correct and timely fashion.
- Tracking submissions from contractors, updates stringer reports and radio logs, and preparing monthly invoices to ensure payment.
- Scheduling guests for radio and TV shows.
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned by Service Director/Deputy Service Director
- Minimum one year experience working as a producer with an established media organization.
- Prior experience providing administrative support in an office environment strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and skills in operating advanced broadcast equipment.
- Fluency in both written and verbal Uyghur and English required; proficiency in Mandarin Chinese preferred
- Experience in reporting, voicing, and programming for radio is preferred.
- Experience in professionally translating Uyghur reports into English and/or Mandarin.
- Substantial knowledge of the media environment and recent developments in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and work ethic, and ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently under own initiative.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with MS Office.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the US as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to Apply: Send résumé with cover letter making reference to “Uyghur Service Radio Production Coordinator” via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 202-530-7797.
Salary Range: GS 9/10 Equivalent
Posting Date: 4/2/19